Lead ETL Developer
DSC Logistics, a leading supply chain management company, focuses on designing, integrating, managing, and adapting supply chain solutions. DSC capabilities as a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party provider (3PL) include supply chain analysis and design network management, Logistics Center management, transportation management, business process integration, supply chain visibility, value-added services and dynamic supply chain management. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an excellent career opportunity for a Lead ETL Developer in our Des Plaines, IL corporate headquarters. Candidates for this role must have a passion for delivering best-in-class data management solutions in a collaborative manner. This position will serve as the technical leader driving DSC Logistics’ Data Warehousing and ETL programs as part of the Business Intelligence and On-line Services team. The ideal candidate will have a broad set of database development skills coupled with extensive hands-on expertise across multiple ETL and Database Management platforms. This is a rare and exciting ground-floor opportunity to drive the design and implementation of next-generation Data Warehouse and ETL capabilities for a leading 3PL organization.
Responsibilities of the Lead ETL Developer include:
- Design, document and maintain the overall ETL Architecture and data flows supporting an Enterprise Data Warehouse and relevant data marts.
- Design, build, test, integrate and deploy ETL packages and scripts.
- Manage the ETL release processes, including schema changes and data migration scripts.
- Design, test and deploy SQL Scripts and stored procedures as required to support the overall ETL process, Data Quality program and data warehouse upgrades.
- Tune and optimize ETL packages and SQL scripts as required.
- Monitor ETL performance, identify recurring data quality issues, and establish audit, balance, and control procedures, alerts and reports.
- Occasional off-hours support may be required during release timeframes.
- May play a project and/or technical leadership role for other ETL Developers over time.
- Ideal candidates will possess and leverage Application DBA skills to optimize database performance, security, and scalability.
Candidates selected to interview must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 5+ years of Data Warehouse ETL Development using commercial ETL tools, preferably SSIS 2008/2012
- Advanced SQL Scripting and Stored Procedure development expertise
- Demonstrated hands-on experience leading the architecture, construction, and deployment of an end-to-end ETL platform
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a local and/or distributed team
- Application and/or Production DBA skills, particularly with MS SQL Server, is strongly preferred
- Prior experience configuring Data Quality platforms and BI semantic layers a significant plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth.